With an Intensive English Course, the aim is to help students improve and communicate their English as effectively and quickly as possible while covering a broad range of topics, that will be discussed in English. The courses that we offer focus on as much language skills as possible: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Number of classes per week vary from between 26 to 30 lessons, depending on location, and last no longer than 60 minutes each lesson. Classes are small with an average of 6 to 12 students to allow for best possible learning experience.
School: Cork English College
Lessons: 26 Lessons per week
Each Lesson: 60 minutes
Timetable: Mornings and Afternoons 9:00 – 16:20 with one coffee break of 20 minutes and a lunch break of 60 minutes
Start Date: Every Monday
Level: From A1 to C2
Average 6 – 8 students per class (Max 10)
Cork English College is a family-run school, founded in 1978. The school is located in the heart of Cork, a small city famous for being known as the “rebel city of Ireland”.
This school is an authorised Cambridge Exam Centre for FCE and CAE and is also an official TOEIC, TOLES and IELTS testing centre, as well as being a member of Quality English Network
Cork English College offers a wide selection of courses. With the Business English course you will be given the opportunity to expand your business English vocabulary and skills in English while focusing on the main language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Special emphasis is placed on English speaking and on topic based discussions. Your experience will begin with an initial interview and level test in order to be assigned to the correct class.
- CEC: 26 Lessons per week Each Lesson: 60 minutes (9.00 – 16.20 Monday to Friday)
- Certificate at end of Course
- Individual student report
- Free Wi-Fi
- Use of the Self Access Library
- Access to CEC E-Learning Platform
- Access to the school Study Centre
- Afternoon Social and Cultural Programme
- Access to Student Lounge Room
Minimum Age: 17 years old. Students of all levels can attend this course.
- Evaluation test: 9:00 on your first day (usually on Monday)
- Books and course material €50 to pay directly at the school on first day
- The afternoon hours are dedicated to speaking, where you can improve your oral fluency by discussing a variety of topics. It also gives you the opportunity to further build on your vocabulary and put into practice what was learned in the morning class.