With an IELTS (International Language Testing System) course, the aim is to measure the language proficiency of students who are looking to study and work in an English- speaking environment while also working on exam preparation techniques. Our IELTS Courses are recognised by thousands of universities, employers and governments around the world. The level of English understanding can vary from non-user to expert. Number of classes per week vary from between 10 to 30 lessons depending on location, with lessons lasting no longer than 60 minutes.
Lessons: 20 or 30 lessons per week to choose by the student
Each lesson: 45 minutes
- 20 Lessons per week: 9:00 – 12:30 with breaks
- 30 Lessons per week: 9:00 – 12:30 / 13:30 – 15:00
Start Date: Every Monday
Level: from B1+ to C2
Average 10 – 12 students per class (Max 14)
Atlantic Language Galway was founded in 1993 in Galway city, surrounded by the beautiful landscapes of the West of Ireland. This school is a fully equipped Cambridge Exam Centre and it’s ACELS accredited. The school is within easy walking distance to the main city centre attractions and Eyre Square. Interactive technology is used during lessons in the classroom and a relaxing rooftop terrace is at your disposal.
The IELTS (International Language Testing System) measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication. It uses a nine-band scale to identify levels of proficiency, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9). Usually IELTS is the entry requirement for those students willing to study in an English speaking university.
During the course you will work on general language proficiency and exam related techniques, while also being trained for IELTS examination questions.
- Atlantic: 20 or 30 Lessons per week Each Lesson: 45 minutes (Monday to Friday)
- Certificate at end of Course
- Individual student report
- Free Wi-Fi
- Use of the Self Access Library
- E-Learning Platform
- Access to computer & study room
- Access to Student Lounge
- Afternoon Social and Cultural Programme
Minimum Age: 17 years old. Only students with levels from B1+ to C2 can attend this course.
- Evaluation test: on your first day (usually on Monday)
- Registration fee is €55 and is not included in the course price
- Course material is €55 to be paid directly at the school on first day
- High Season Supplement (€25) for General, Business English and IELTS course for bookings from 1 to 11 weeks