With an Intensive English Course, the aim is to help students improve and communicate their English as effectively and quickly as possible while covering a broad range of topics, that will be discussed in English. The courses that we offer focus on as much language skills as possible: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Number of classes per week vary from between 26 to 30 lessons, depending on location, and last no longer than 60 minutes each lesson. Classes are small with an average of 6 to 12 students to allow for best possible learning experience.
School: International House Barcelona
- 4h Spanish lessons every morning
- 12h or 24h art lessons distributed in four or eight 3-hour sessions, over the course of 1 to 4 weeks
Duration: 1 to 4 weeks
Timetable: Monday to Friday: 9.30 to 13.30, including a 20-minute break
Start Date: Every Monday (Every second Monday** for beginners)
Level: From A2
IH Barcelona was founded in 1972 and has since grown into a major centre for language teaching, teacher training, study tours and related activities.The teachers of IH Barcelona are university graduates with specialised training and subject to regular assessment.
One of the great things about IH Barcelona is the mixture of people students will meet here at any given time. All students are welcome to the Friday Club Language Exchange, which is a great place to meet people of other nationalities who are taking different courses, among whom are local people, which is an excellent way to improve the Spanish language. The school is right in the city centre and about a 10 minute walk from Plaça Catalunya and the top of the Ramblas.
The Spanish Intensive Course + Art Courses are designed for students who want to learn spanish and love painting. Spanish learning is added to the painting course to discover the creativity of all students.
In the morning students will attend Spanish lessons with professional and qualified teachers.
During those lessons, they will improve their skills (speaking, listening and writing).
In the afternoon, they will attend an art course with a professional artist.
In those classes, they will discuss Spanish art and artists.
Then they’ll be doing a workshop. The most common are:
- Ceramics (bowls, plates ecc)
- Clay Sculpture
- Drawing and Painting with different techniques.
The social and cultural program (included in the price) will take them to a lot of exhibitions and tours. Some of the visits are in important museums, like the MNAC collection.
- IH Barcelona: 4 Spanish lessons per day – Each lesson:55 minutes (09.00 -13.30, Monday to Friday)
- 12 or 24 hours distributed in four or eight 3-hour sessions, which can be scheduled from Monday to Friday over a 1 to 4-week period
- Course materials and books
- Average: 7 students per class
- Social and Cultural Programme
- Computer room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free access to one of our online courses for 6 months
- Student bar with terrace
- Bathrooms are fully accessible for people with a disability
Minimum age: 16 years old
- Students who are not complete beginners will take a level test on the first day of the course, and lessons on Mondays will finish at 14.00
- Course materials and books: Students will be given a course book at the beginning of their course at no extra charge. When they move up a level, they will be asked to exchange the book for a new one. When they leave the school, they will be entitled to take the last course book home with them at zero cost
- This course is not available last week of July and during the month of August