With an Intensive English Course, the aim is to help students improve and communicate their English as effectively and quickly as possible while covering a broad range of topics, that will be discussed in English. The courses that we offer focus on as much language skills as possible: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Number of classes per week vary from between 26 to 30 lessons, depending on location, and last no longer than 60 minutes each lesson. Classes are small with an average of 6 to 12 students to allow for best possible learning experience.
School: International House Barcelona
Lessons: 20 Lessons per week
Each lesson: 50 minutes
Timetable: Monday to Friday: 9.30 to 13.30, including a 20-minute break
Start Date: Every Monday (Every second Monday** for beginners)
Level: All levels
IH Barcelona was founded in 1972 and has since grown into a major centre for language teaching, teacher training, study tours and related activities.The teachers of IH Barcelona are university graduates with specialised training and subject to regular assessment. One of the great things about IH Barcelona is the mixture of people students will meet here at any given time. All students are welcome to the Friday Club Language Exchange,which is a great place to meet people of other nationalities who are taking different courses, among whom are local people, which is an excellent way to improve the Spanish language. The school is right in the city centre and about a 10 minute walk from Plaça Catalunya and the top of the Ramblas.
The Intensive Course is the main course. It offers students a high degree of flexibility.They can do as many weeks as they want and start at any point in the year, whatever the student level.
- IH Barcelona: 20 lessons per week – Each lesson:55 minutes (09.00 -13.30, Monday to Friday)
- Course books
- Average: 7 students per class
- Social and Cultural Programme
- Computer room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free access to one of our online courses for 6 months
- Student bar with terrace
- Bathrooms are fully accessible for people with a disability
- Students who are not complete beginners will take a level test on the first day of the course, and lessons on Mondays will finish at 14.00.
- Course materials and books: Students will be given a course book at the beginning of their course at no extra charge. When they move up a level, they will be asked to exchange the book for a new one. When they leave the school, they will be entitled to take the last course book home with them at zero cost.
- Students with no previous knowledge of Spanish please contact our team for starting dates.