With a Cambridge Exam Preparation Course, the aim is to provide students with the necessary skills needed to pass a Cambridge examination. Our Cambridge Exam Preparation Intensive Courses are recognised by thousands of universities, employers and governments around the world and are therefore useful for higher level students who require a widely recognised certificate of general competence for employment or study purposes. Classes consist of working on exam related techniques and strategies as well as the main language skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Number of classes per week vary from between 10 to 30 lessons depending on location.
School: Cork English College
Lessons: 20 Lessons per week, for 9 or 10 weeks duration – Each Lesson = 60 minutes
Timetable: Mornings 9am – 1:20pm with one coffee break of 20 minutes
Start Date: Courses run approximately 3 times a year and their duration is for 9 or 10 weeks. Please ask our team to let you know the closest date available
Level:from B2 to C2 for FCE and from C1 to C2 for CAE
Average 6 – 8 students per class (Max 12)
Cork English College is a family-run school, founded in 1978. The school is located in the heart of Cork, a small city famous for being known as the “rebel city of Ireland”. This school is an authorised Cambridge Exam Centre for FCE and CAE and is also an official TOEIC, TOLES and IELTS testing centre, as well as being a member of Quality English Network.
Cork English College prides itself on having a pass rate of 97% for students taking Cambridge exams. Moreover, as this school is an open Cambridge Testing centre, you will have the option to take the test in the college. This school is an approved Paper based and Computer based Testing Centre in Cork.
- CEC: 20 Lessons per week Each Lesson: 60 minutes (9.00 – 13.20pm Monday to Friday)
- CEC Welcome Pack, map and notepad
- Practice exam sessions every 2 weeks via E-Learning Platform
- Preparation for reading, writing, listening papers with regular timed examination practice
- Individual student report
- Certificate at end of course
- Free Wi-Fi
- Use of the Self Access Library and Study Centre
- Access to CEC E-Learning Platform for additional practise on the four skills
- Access to the school Study Centre
- Access to Student Lounge Room
- Minimum Age: 17 years old. Students of all levels can attend this course.
- Only students with levels from B1 to C2 are accepted
- Evaluation test: 9:00 on your first day (usually on Monday)
- Books and course material €50 to pay directly at the school on first day
- All courses include extra afternoon exam practice free of charge
- The Cambridge Examinations take place in March, June July, August and December. Not Included: Examination Fees FCE: €175 // CAE: €185