With a General English Course, the aim is to help students improve their ability to communicate effectively. The General English Course focuses on the main language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Depending on location, classes can vary from between 15 to 20 per week, and last no longer than 60 minutes per lesson. Class size varies from an average of 6 to 12 students per class to allow for best possible learning experience. Each student will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
School: CES Toronto
Lessons: 20 or 30 lessons per week
Timetable: Monday to Friday
- 20 lessons: Monday to Friday 08.45 to 12.20 (break 10:25 to 10:40)
- 30 lessons: Monday to Friday 08.45 to 15.30 (break 10:25 to 10:40 and 12:20 –
Start Date: Any Monday
Level: All levels
CES recognizes that learning another language successfully requires more than just a textbook and a lecture. ESL Classes for Adults are goal-focused using a communicative approach to language learning. The school enriches students’ lives with real world language and cultural opportunities by creating an inclusive environment that offers opportunities to learn about other cultures, experience Canadian life, and integrate fully in a multicultural school and city. CES educates students providing individual-focused courses that target the students’ language needs, skill objectives, and personal goals. Also the school inspires students to realize their goals and expand their horizons offering integrated academic skills classes.
Toronto is a city in which people can feel at home and comfortable. It is consistently voted one of the best places to live and visit. This is due largely to the way people in Toronto celebrate and embrace diversity. Students will have an easy accessibility through the city, especially because they have both bus and subway stops just a few steps from CES.
The General English program consists of three courses: active Grammar, active Speaking, and active Writing. Integrating modern technology with the most effective communicative methodologies, these three core courses will present students with an engaging, contextualized English language learning experience
- 20 or 30 lessons per week, Monday to Friday
- Registration fee
- Teaching materials and technology devices
- Certificate at end of course
- Social and Cultural Activities
- 2 Student lounges (including pool table, ping pong room, microwaves, fridges and snacks machines)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Computer room
- CES Online platform
Minors: Students under the age of 18 must have their application co-signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Letter of Acceptance: $500 Deposit
- One-time, non-refundable* Registration Fee is included for a value of CAD $150.
* just in the case where the student visa has been rejected, where a partial refund is
- Materials + Technology Fee are included for a value of: $10/Week. (Includes CES Online platform)
- A program cancellation or program reduction fee of $110 will be applied when students cancel or reduce the number of weeks they wish to study after they receive their original letter of acceptance.
- Start dates, programs and course content may change at any time and without prior notice