With a General English Course, the aim is to help students improve their ability to communicate effectively. The General English Course focuses on the main language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Depending on location, classes can vary from between 15 to 20 per week, and last no longer than 60 minutes per lesson. Class size varies from an average of 6 to 12 students per class to allow for best possible learning experience. Each student will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
School: Brooklyn School of Languages
Lessons: 22 Lessons per week
Each lesson: 45 minutes
Timetable: Monday to Friday 9:00 to 12:15*, Tuesday & Thursday 1:00 to 14:00
Start Date: Any Monday
Level: All levels
BSL is a small school, where everyone gets to know each other, so students will immediately feel like part of a very large family. The school receives students from all over the world (44 nationalities in 2016).
BSL teachers challenge and support every student by providing individual feedback and suggestions about how each participant can further improve his/her English language skills.
BSL is situated in the heart of Brooklyn Heights, just 5 minutes’ walk from the famous Brooklyn Promenade which looks out over Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge.
The Standard English course focuses on learning through real-life communication (speaking, listening, reading and writing) inside and outside of the classroom. This is a general English language course taught in small classes which allows our expert teachers to provide individual feedback and advice on how to improve and further develop their language skills.
The Intensive course (22 hours) is similar to the Standard English course in the morning, but includes 2 additional afternoon conversation classes of 1 hour each per week, focusing on New York City-themed topics.
- 20 lessons per week.Monday to Friday 9:00 to 12:15 & Thursday 1:00 to 14:00
- Registration fee
- Books and materials
- Certificate at end of course
- Individualised educational follow-up to guarantee the best progression
- Social and Cultural Activities
- Communal kitchen area
- Free Wi-Fi
Minimum age: 18 years old
- *In high season beginners classes may take place in the afternoon – Monday 10:00 to 13:15
- Placement test first Monday 8:15 to 9:45
- Materials: First book included in the price, subsequent books $50 payable on site (one book every level / 8 weeks approx.)
- Brooklyn School of Languages does not require its students to obtain health insurance. However, it is highly recommended that all students have and maintain health insurance during their time in New York City